About Me

Friday 6 February 2015

I'll Stir, You Fry


First post, so I thought I'd stick with something relatively simple. A traditional chicken and vegetable stir-fry, with ricotta stuffed zucchini rolls for an app.

Right off the bat the zucchini rolls give me some real trouble, which was not a warm welcome to my blogging career. Too thick, too thin. I basically wasted a whole zucchini trying to get it right. But by zucchini number two, I got enough sufficient strips to make a few rolls. I lay the strips in some oil and balsamic vinegar, spoon some ricotta cheese into them and roll them up. Done.

Now the recipe for the stir-fry calls for oyster sauce. Not being a big fan of seafood, oyster sauce doesn't really sound like it'd be up my alley. Like, what's in this stuff? Is there actually oysters in it? Hmm, "oyster extract" they say.. But hey, Gordon Ramsay uses it, and I don' think that he would lead me astray.

Cut up all my vegetables. Change cutting boards a few times for no reason at all.

Next I throw them all into the pan, which was supposed to be a wok. I don't have a wok and figured it wouldn't really matter. I was wrong. Many vegetables were lost over the side that day. After the veggies I throw in my chicken. A ton of it, because I love chicken. Then some egg noodles. Mix it all up and add in some soy sauce and that darn oyster sauce.

Plate up both dishes and they're ready to eat! And they look not too bad.

Now Hiring! Somebody to come and clean up my kitchen after I cook. Will pay you in whatever food I just made. Position has just opened up as mom and dad have quit.

So that was a few hours of my life well spent. Definitely worth it as the finished dishes were delicious. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. If technology hasn't failed by next week, come back again for a new dish. 

12 comments:

  1. What an exciting concept for a blog. I don't envy the cleanup portion but the cooking sounds delicious. I'm not sure if you allow readers to sample your meals, but if you tackle the Ramsay Vietnamese soup I am in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading this blog after dinner, but when I finished reading it I felt starving again. They look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the cleaning position still open? I'm open to being paid in home cooked delicious food. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the plating of the dishes looked spot on next master chef? If you make steaks I'll clean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read that Gordon Ramsay's York & Albany hotel has had some bad reviews regarding it's food and customer service. I am sure you will get a job there no problem to turn things around. With your very calm attitude you are the perfect person for a 'Hell's Kitchen."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing, man. I'm slowly but surely honing my cooking skills, but can definitely learn a thing or two from this blog! Look forward to the next post. - Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stir fry, you've got cooking skills my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so yummy! love stir fry. Can I come over now? you seem like a fabulous cook.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing! Great recipe for the zucchini rolls - I will definitely have to try those out! Looking forward to the next post

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to try and make this but for someone who burns water, It probably won't be half as good as yours looks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fantastic, Ethan! Great job, I am impressed. Good luck finding a sous-chef to clean up your messes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. New celebrity chef on the radar: Ethan Fahey! This is great, man!

    ReplyDelete