About Me

Friday 27 February 2015

Not Your Grandmother's Bean Salad


Truth be told, I'm heading to a Toronto Raptors game tonight. So I thought, what's a nice delicious appetizer that's quick to make, and that'll hold me over until I'm ready for greasy stadium food. The answer was apparently Green Bean Salad with a mustard dressing.

Let's start basketball. I mean cooking. My mind is clearly elsewhere. 

Toast up some sliced almonds in a pan. They'll lend a nice flavour to the dish.


Take some beans, cut the heads and the tails off of them. This is a solo-salad, so I just used a handful. Get rid of any little ugly stupid beans that don't meet your standards. 

Boil some water and throw in your beans. Boil the beans for about a minute and thirty seconds to two minutes. Just long enough so they aren't raw anymore, but they still have a nice crunch to them. Then run them under some cold water to refresh them.

Then put the beans in a bowl and throw in the almonds. Then in a tiny bowl I mix up some of the garlic after I mash it, Add in some Dijon mustard and honey. It looks a whole lot like a baby's food. Might as well mix it with a baby's spoon! 

Then boom, dish it up and eat it up. Oh no it's terrible! Just kidding, it's great.

Good news! I'm going to double down this week! Come back tomorrow for another post!




5 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect appetizer! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do not know my way around the kitchen as much as I should. With that being said, it's time to put on my big boy pants and learn to cook. I will definitely be looking to your blog for some good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more of a yellow bean kind of girl. I like it with vinegar and oil and a touch of garlic. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to admit green beans are my absolute least favourite veggie - but after your tips i think they may be tolerable! Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green Beans not my favorite. great post. I am going to try it.

    ReplyDelete